Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 68


The eureka moment.

Something pretty magical happened this morning on the way to do laundry. I had just stepped out my door and turned the corner on the way to the laundromat and there it was.

My grade 12 final project in photography was to do a 12 month calendar, because Steveston is a picturesque place most in the class did kind of typical beautiful shots of sunsets and the boats in the docks. I took 12 of my stuffed animals I had as a kid and dirtied them up and made them act as if there were homeless begging for food-money-love. The thing was I had to fake it. This morning I didn't.

I was able to get a glimpse back into my 17 year old mind, and it really has made me realize I am exactly where I want to be as a photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment